Geocaching treasure hunt
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a cautious time but we still need a connection to nature. Kids especially need this connection to feel free, breathe fresh air, connect with nature, and have some fun! Its been scientificaly tested that people feel less stressed, more productive, and less aggressive when out in nature. Its been a chalenging time for all of us.
PLEASE click on the read more to read all important information
We at The Calixto Project have been trying to come up with ideas on how to make kids lives a little bit less stressful and a bit more grounded. We have been scouting areas that are safe with not alot of people, yet lots of nature so that we can safely take a small group of 5/6 of kids out to have a littel half day adventure.
SPACE is LIMITED-
Geocaching - is a fun treasure hunt made for geographers or people who like scavenger hunts
AGES 8 -17
I know some of you have experience doing this, and many of you do not. We will show you what geocaching is and how to do it. It fun and sometimes we find some really cool stuff andl eave behind our own treasure. The fun is figuring out the riddles, and locations of where the little gems could be hiding. Once you figure it out,it is such a fantastic feeling of success! We have 3-4 locations in and around the same vicinity at Lady bird lake. i will send exact locations to people who register.
$30- adventure club member
$40- non member
- learning about the trails geographically
- learning flora and fauna
- learning about the watershed,
- learn how to read a map
- thinking how to solve riddles
We will be walking around hunting for treasure. Pretty exciting and will fill the kids senses with wonder and joy! We have to adapt and sitting cooped inside is not adapting. Join Us!
Details will be sent for meeting spot after registration
COVID 19 precautions:
- I will be taking temperatures and anyone with a temperature WILL be turned away, no exceptions
- we are limiting space to 6 kids- kids ONLY sorry parents not this time. we want the kids to get some fun time
- waiver questionaire of illness synptoms
- we will be spaced apart in a safe distance
- everyone must wear a mask
- reusable water bottle
- close toed shoes for hiking/running
- hat- for sun
- clothes to get wet in- possibly