water trekking nature hike PART 2
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a cautious time but we still need a connection to nature. Kids especially need this connection to feel free, breathe fresh air, connect with nature, and have some fun! Its been scientificaly tested that people feel less stressed, more productive, and less aggressive when out in nature. Its been a chalenging time for all of us.
PLEASE click on the read more to read all important information
We at The Calixto Project have been trying to come up with ideas on how to make kids lives a little bit less stressful and a bit more grounded. We have been scouting areas that are safe with not alot of people, yet lots of nature so that we can safely take a small group of 5/6 of kids out to have a littel half day adventure.
SPACE is LIMITED- we will have a wait list and set up another in late Sept./Oct.
WATER Trekking and hiking with map making
AGES 8 -17
This is a 2 part series- 1 week apart- learning something new and different activities each time. Attending both adventures are encouraged as the kids will learn and be more confident when making their maps.
Part 2- Sept. 12
PRICE- $25-water trekking and hiking,
- learning about the trails geographically
- learning geographic features
- learning flora and fauna
- learning about the watershed,
- cold spring trekking
- water trekking and hiking,
- recalling the trails,
- recalling geographic features,
- learning how to make a map- this is hand to paper, map making and having a sense of direction is a great skill. not looking at the phone
We found a great spot that still has cold springs running. We will explore around, spot different flora and fauna, learn about the water way and watershed. I have experience on these trails and have scouted them out for the past 8 months. We will go anywhere from 3-5 miles depending on the kids energy. Depending on the water levels, which if it doesnt rain will not be very high, we will be trekking theough the creek bed on part of this and trails on other parts. It will be like exploring another country since not many people frequent this part of the trails. I have seen deer, fox, and horses in this area. Pretty exciting and will fill the kids senses with wonder and joy! We have to adapt and sitting cooped inside is not adapting. Join Us!
Details will be sent for meeting spot after registration
COVID 19 precautions:
- I will be taking temperatures and anyone with a temperature WILL be turned away, no exceptions
- we are limiting space to 6 kids- kids ONLY sorry parents not this time. we want the kids to get some fun time
- waiver questionaire of illness synptoms
- we will be spaced apart in a safe distance
- everyone must wear a mask
- reusable water bottle
- watershoes- or olds tennis shoes that can get wet-
- hat- for sun
- clothes to get wet in- possibly
- Part 2 water Trekking,map$25$250$0